The idea to establish Children Health & Education Foundation was conceived by its Founder Syed Naeem ul Hassan in 1990. It gained reality in 2003 after he gained vast experience by rendering his services to “LRBT” and “Shaukat Khanum Cancer Hospital”.
The primary aim of CHAEF is to provide Education and Primary healthcare services to poor and needy people at their doorstep. Not only providing Free treatment of the common diseases and also diagnosing deadly diseases at very early stage before those attain critical stage.
Children Health & Education Foundation (CHAEF) was registered in August 2002 as an NGO and started its operation in September 2003 The objective of the Foundation was based on the premise that large Specialty Hospitals were being built at exorbitant cost to manage end-stage Diseases whereas at a fraction of a cost these very Diseases could have been detected prevented and treated in a Primary Care Facility. Convinced with this idea we developed a vision of establishing these much needed Primary Health Care Centers all over Pakistan so as to Provide Free Consultation, Diagnoses, Treatment and the Medications for common ailments which if left undetected or untreated at the initial stages can lead to Kidney failure, Terminal Cancer, Blindness, Heart Disease the list is endless. A unique Model was established to provide (at the same premises) Educational activities in the morning, Vocational Training in the afternoon and Health Care in the evening.
Children Health & Education Foundation with the support of well wishers and benefactors the Vision has now become a reality. We are diagnosing treating and medicating more than 8500 diseases daily of the patients visiting all our 39 established and mobile healthcare centres where 142 health and education activates are conducted. The healthcare activities include free Consultations, Diagnostic Tests that include Ultrasound Facility Mother & Child Healthcare and quality Medications (to date in a short span of 6 years a total number of over 7.2 Million diseases of patients have been treated with Medications) The schools are laying special emphasis on Computer training and English Language Skills besides providing basic education to all the residents of these deprived areas mostly Katchi Abadis. (This statement is upto May 2010)
A support infrastructure has been developed to ensure logistic support, maintain Quality standards as well as ensure judicious use of Funds. The staff strength has been kept to the minimal i.e 110 members of staff managing and operating 142 activities in all over Pakistan.
Your support shall help us to provide the following services.
- Free diagnoses of Disease
- Free Consultation
- Free Treatment
- Free Medicines
- Free Ultrasound
- Free Laboratory Tests by collecting blood sample
- Free test for the Diabetes and hypertension with Free Medicines
- Free Pregnancy tests and if confirmed complete follow up till delivery of Child which includes Ultrasound, monitoring, care, multivitamins, medicines, and check up by Gynecologist, Vaccinations and the arrangement of delivery at nearby zakat funded hospitals.
- Free treatment and medicines for women related Diseases of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- Free Primary Education, Computer and English learning training to more than 2500 students with free uniform and books.
- Providing support towards renovation / upgradation of Government and other Schools in rural /suburban areas.
We are fortunate in having amongst our Donors and Benefactors very eminent Members of our Society from all walks of life.
Presently we have the following patrons (sponsors) and advisors.
- Mr. Khawar Masood Butt, M.D. English Biscuit Manufacturers
- Mr. Shaukat Tarin, Minister of Finance – Government of Pakistan
- Mr. Yousuf Kamal Mirza , Senior Physician, AKU
- Mr. Aijaz Ali Abbasi, Chairman Abbasi Securities (Pvt.) Ltd.
- Mr. Babar Bashir Nawaz, CEO, Attock Cement Ltd
- Mr. Arif Irfanullah I.T Executive and Dr. Asad Irfan ullah (USA)
- Mr. Shuja Zaidi, General Manager Hilton Makkah & Vice President Hilton KSA
- Mr. Azmat Tarin, CEO Saudi Pak Bank
- Mr. Mohammad Siddique Dalal, Chairman Dalal Securities (Pvt) Ltd.
- Mr. Mian Muhammad Adrees, CEO Sitara Chemical Industries Faisalabad
- Mr. Justice ® Nasir Aslam Zahid, former Chief Justice of Sindh High Court and Judge Supreme Court of Pakistan
- Mrs. Marriana Karim, Prominent Social Worker
- Mrs. Ronak Iqbal Lakhani, Prominent Social Worker & General Secretary – Special Olympic Pakistan
- Mrs. S.M. Muneer, Prominent Businessman, Chairman Din Group, Ex-Minister and President FPPPC
- Mr. Saifuddin N. Zoomkawala, Chairman & Managing Director EFU
- Mr. Naveed A. Khan, Chief Executive Faisal Bank Ltd
- Mr. Munir Kamal, President KASB Bank
- Mr. Saeed Allawalla, M.D. Atco Laboratories Ltd.
- Mr. Muhammad Ali, Chairman, Fortune Securities Ltd.
- Mr. Mian Muhammad Ali, President LCCI
- Mr. Anjum Nisar, President KCCI
- Mr. Byram D. Avari, Chairman Avari Hotel
Your help shall be an honour for Children Health and Education Foundation, and will go a long way in helping the poor and the downtrodden to become useful Members of our Society and proud Citizens of Pakistan .