Health activities and Services offered by
Children Health & Education Foundation (CHAEF)
CHAEF is catering the needs of health & education of the suffering communities.
CHAEF on its medical side is running 39 Primary Health, Mother & Child Healthcare (prenatal, antenatal & postnatal) Centers all over Pakistan through Base Centers and Mobile Medical Vans.
We follow our slogan and theme:
“ To detect, diagnose & treat the diseases before they become incurable”
Our slogan is based on the WHO definition of Primary Healthcare, which states:
“The ultimate goal of PHC is better health for all”
Primary healthcare (PHC)
PHC means the healthcare that is provided by the healthcare professionals at the first contact of the patient with the healthcare system. Basic level of healthcare that includes programs directed at the promotion of health, early diagnose & prevention of the diseases.
These services include at least 8 basic elements:
- Food supply and proper nutrition
- Health Education
- Provision of essential drugs
- MCHC (Mother & Child Healthcare)
- Treatment of common diseases & injuries
- Adequate supply of safe water and basic sanitation
- Communicable disease control
Under Primary Healthcare following activities and services are being offered by CHAEF for suffering communities by providing: -
v Health education through promotion and prevention measures.
v Curative: by diagnosing and treating the patients
v Rehabilitation services for chronic and terminal diseases at their door steps
We have base centres, which are well, equipped with:
- All necessary medicines (list attached)
- Trained Paramedical Staff
- Registered Medical Officers
- Centers remain open 6 days a week in prime time when the household ladies can visit the centers easily
- Centers are centrally located for that community and easily approachable without involving the transport.
- Medicines are prescribed on 2 – 3 days basis depending upon the requirements of patients
- Most of our Primary Healthcare Centers are providing Laboratory Services by the skilled staff from simple blood test to specialized test like Hepatitis B + C and Thalassaemia
- Ultrasound facility is available at all centers on fortnightly basis by an experienced health professional.
All the activities in brief are as follows:
- Free diagnosis of diseases
- Free consultation
- Free treatment
- Free medicines
- Free ultrasound
- Free laboratory test by collecting blood samples for Diabetes, Hypertension, Hepatitis B + C and Thalassaemia
Mother & Child Healthcare
Pakistan is one of the countries with high maternal and infant mortality rates. Women especially suffer even at primary care level dew to lack of properly trained and skilled healthcare workers in the community.
Pregnancy and Child birth is such a magical time in a women’s life…yet fall of questions for many.
To over come this issue of MCH, CHAEF is catering the needs of most vulnerable and least serviced population of the community “The women & child” through MCH Centers along with PHC.
Children may be saved at birth and in infancy from death and their mothers from death during childbirth by providing good healthcare at MCH in their vicinity by a primary healthcare provider.
CHAEF is providing services of prenatal, antennal and postnatal care less delivery. Under the following protocol: -
- Free pregnancy confirmation either by Urine for pregnancy test or by ultrasound.
- When confirmed complete follow up throughout pregnancy till arrangement for delivery nearby Zakat funded hospital (list attached)
- During antenatal period patients have 3 to 4 ultrasound as follows: -
- Confirmation of Pregnancy at first visit
- At 20 weeks of pregnancy for gestational age and congenital fetal abnormality
- At 30 – 33 weeks for placental localization
- At term for fetal maturity.
- Regular antenatal checkup for: -
- Blood Pressure
- Growth of Fetus
Under the following protocol: -
- 4 weekly from confirmation of pregnancy till 28 weeks of pregnancy
- Fortnightly from 28 weeks of pregnancy to 36 weeks
- Then weekly onwards till delivery.
- At first visit
- Blood complete picture
- Blood gp & Rh factor
- Urine D/R
- Blood Sugar Random
- Hepatitis B & C
- Blood Hb
- Urine D /R
- Blood Sugar
are repeated at 2 – 3 months interval till delivery according to the requirement of the patients.
Medicines to the pregnant ladies are issued on weekly basis which include Multivitamins, Calcium and Iron.
Full course of Injection Tetanus is provided to the pregnant ladies under the following protocol.
- 1st dose against tetanus any time after 20 weeks of pregnancy
- 2nd dose after 4 weeks of 1st dose
- 3rd dose – 6 months after the 1st dose
- 4th dose after 1 year of 3rd dose
- 5th dose after 1 years of the 4th dose
Postnatal Follow Up
After delivery of the baby, the mother returns to our centers with the baby where she is looked after for any anemia, infection , excessive bleeding or any other related problems for first 40 days of her delivery. She is advised for contraceptive measures for proper birth spacing for the better health of woman & her newborn. Baby is then recruited for vaccination under EPI program of WHO.
Free treatment to the women for their gynecological and obstetrical diseases, which include diagnosis, medicines, blood tests and ultrasound.
All the above mentioned activities are carried by the Senior Gynecologist on fortnightly visit to all centers in a mobile van equipped with Ultrasound, Generators, Laboratory Technicians to collect their blood at the spot.